PBMA'S H. V. Desai Eye Hospital, which is a 200 beds eye hospital set up in the year 2000, has now become a base for all prevention of blindness activities as well as vital research in eye care under one roof. The specialized eye care service matches the best and is provided with compassion and kindness. It has gained widespread acclaim, both nationally and internationally.
Since inception of H. V. Desai Eye Hospital up to Sept 2014, we have examined 22.93 lacs patients in our OPD and operated 3.67 lacs patients. This was possible only because of timely help by INGO's like CBM, ORBIS International, Helpage, Sight Savers International, Rotary International, Fred Hollows Foundation and Lions Club besides many other friends and well wishers.
H.V.Desai Eye Hospital has become a platform where eminent ophthalmologists, representatives from Government, different welfare agencies and media come together on one platform and discuss issues related to eye care and prevention of blindness.
- Provide comprehensive quality eye care without discrimination, between free and payment Cases.
- Reach out program in the area up to 350 km from hospital.
- To provide free treatment to more than 60 % cases.
- To impart postgraduate and paramedical training.
- Research center to promote research projects.
- To develop super specialty services in Cornea, Vitreo Retina, Medical retina, Glaucoma & Pediatric Ophthalmology.
- To develop Ocular Surface Management Institute.
- To develop Community Ophthalmology Institute.